“This shit is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!” Wow let’s talk about how amazing this banana bread is, and what better way than to quote the one and only Gwen Stefani. But for realzzz guys this is by far the best banana bread I’ve ever had and its VEGAN and GLUTEN FREE, totally allergen friendly! For anyone with nut allergies feel to use soy milk and the brand of chocolate I like to use is Enjoy Life Foods, mainly because it’s dairy, nut, gluten and soy free, but back to the bread: So this is a perfect pre/post workout snack just as it is or with some peanut butter or cream cheese and a great quick an easy breakfast on the go. I love taking it to school because it’s full of real, good for you ingredients to help power me throughout the day when I need a little snack. I also love to have this as a dessert because after every meal I need a little something sweet, so what better way to curb your sweet tooth while kicking that chocolate craving than with a healthy little slice of heaven. I hope you all enjoy and please comment down below what your favorite way to eat banana bread is. Also, you can find me on Instagram at @bakingwithbri to see my daily eats and some quick and easy recipes that I don’t post on the blog. So don’t miss out what’s to come next because I have some amazing stuff coming! Unfortunately with school it is hard for me to post during the week so I’ll most likely be posting during the weekend either Saturday or Sunday so that gives me a chance to test recipes and get creative before sharing anything with you lovelies. Anyways, have a wonderful weekend filled with banana-chocolatey goodness!
Happy and healthy eating,
- 2-3 very ripe medium sized bananas
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 2/3 cup of almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup of agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees on convection bake. Spray a 9x4in loaf pan with coconut oil of any kind of nonstick spray. In a medium sized bowl combine oat and almond flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate, larger bowl mash up the bananas with a fork. Once at a puree-like consistency add in almond milk, applesauce, agave nectar, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.