I cannot even begin to explain how delicious these gluten free pancakes and waffles are! They are by far the best pancake/waffle recipe I’ve put out. It’s utter breakfast perfection and perfectly healthy! It’s dairy and gluten free as well as vegan for those with intolerances or dietary needs. My 80 year old grandma is the pickiest person I know when it comes to food and these are her absolute favorite which is code word for something EVERYbody will love and enjoy. As you see above I always love a little chocolate for breakfast because to me life IS chocolate, but these are delicious with blueberries and fantastic just plain. I hope everyone is having a very happy holiday season and is enjoying some much needed rest and family time. I have been so busy I haven’t been posting regularly, but I promise to put in more time for the blog in the New Year. If you do try these delicious little fluffy clouds out please let me know by either commenting down below or connecting with me on Instagram @bakingwithbri
Happy and healthy eating,
- 8 mini pancakes
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large egg or 1/4 cup apple sauce to make vegan
- 2 tbsp. agave nectar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium sized bowl combine brown rice flour, flax seed meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate smaller bowl combine almond milk, agave, egg and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl with the dry ingredients and slowly pour in the wet ingredients. Whisk until just combined
- Heat up a large skillet over medium low heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Once the pan has heated up, drop ¼ cup of batter onto pan and let cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Making the pancakes small is the easiest way to flip them since they tend to more fragile when made vegan. If putting batter in waffle iron, make sure to spray well with nonstick cooking spray or coconut oil. These pancakes taste great with any add in and drizzled with maple syrup.