As the summer dwindles to an end and fall and winter slowly take its place I thought that a Tropical Green Smoothie would be the perfect thing to drag summer on just a little bit longer. The fruity pineapple flavor is reminiscent of a pina colada and will make you feel like you’re laying poolside in paradise no matter where you are. The spinach and zuchinni give a good does or green goodness to this smoothie without altering flavor. This smoothie is the perfect pick me up and will please anyone and everyone. It’s super easy to whip up in the morning and is also a delicious treat for dessert. I hope you enjoy!
Happy and healthy eating,
- 2 bowls
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- ½ cup papaya chunks
- ¼ cup shredded/spiralized zucchini
- ¼ cup baby spinach
- 1 container of silk dairy free tropical pineapple yogurt or your favorite type of yogurt
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- ¼ cup of granola, I love using Creative Snack’s Honey Pecan Granola
- Any fruit you like, I like kiwi to go with the green and tropical theme;
- Put all ingredients into blender and puree until smooth and creamy. Let sit for a minute or two so the chia seeds can thicken up the smoothie a bit.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl or tall glass and top with granola and more fruit. I like to layer my smoothies in a glass with granola and fruit, almost like a parfait and eat it with a spoon. Another trick of mine for smoothie bowls is putting a little granola on the bottom of the bowl then pouring the smoothie in and topping with the rest of the granola, so that every bite has a little crunch to it, even the very last spoonful.