This smoothie bowl is the perfect chocolate fix when a craving comes creeping up. I’ts got a strong cocoa flavor with natural sweetness from the banana and super creamy and rich. It’s like eating chocolate ice cream for breakfast. This smoothie bowl can be made thinner to drink on the go, but it so satisfying as a lighter dessert option too. You can top it with anything you like, but my favorite to go with this is some chocolate and peanut butter granola. This ups the chocolate factor and gives a nice peanut flavor that goes oh so well with chocolate. This combination is heavenly and if you can’t find this flavor of granola just add some carob or chocolate chips with a drizzle of PB on top. This is a must have and a great make ahead dish for busy weekday mornings.
Happy and healthy eating,
- 1 bowl
- 1 large banana
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6oz plain yogurt, I use green valley organics lactose free
- Toppings, optional
- ¼ cup granola, I use Love Crunch Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
- ¼- ½ cup fruits, I use strawberries and blueberries
- Put all ingredients except for optional toppings in blender and blend until completely smooth, thick, and creamy. The smoothie should be thicker than one that you normally would drink so you can eat it with a spoon. If it’s too thin add another tbsp. of chia seeds or some ice. If you prefer to drink your smoothie add another 1/4-1/2 cup of almond milk until desired consistency.
- Put half of granola in a large bowl, pour smoothie on top, and finish with remaining granola. I like doing this because it evenly distributes the granola to ensure you have some in every bite. Top smoothie bowl with toppings such as fresh fruits, a drizzle of almond butter, or nuts and enjoy!
Nutrition (smoothie only, no toppings included):
- Calories: 265
- Fat (g): 14.7
- Saturated Fat (g): 2.3
- Carbs (g): 29.8
- Fiber (g): 8.4
- Sugars (g): 13.2
- Protein (g): 11.3